Pursuing a graduate degree in education will open the door for mission-driven professionals who are looking to secure a leadership role in the field of education.
Specifically, Neumann University offers a variety of Master of Science in Education degrees that are designed to help students develop the skills needed to become fantastic educators — patience, critical thinking, and great interpersonal skills. Let's take a closer look at the career outlook for educators and dive into the particulars surrounding Neumann's own MS.Ed. programs.
job growth rate for educators:
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job growth rate for educators is positive (and higher than the national average). Let's break this down a bit further.
- According to the BLS, jobs for special education teachers are expected to grow by 8 percent between 2016 and 2026.
- According to the BLS, jobs for K-12 administrators are expected to grow by 8 percent between 2016 and 2026.
- According to the BLS, jobs for kindergarten and elementary teachers are expected to grow by 17 percent between 2010 and 2020.
Areas of Work for Educators:
These are many occupational positions and roles available to professionals who have obtained a graduate degree in education. Once you obtain an M.S. in Education (along with a little creativity and hard work), you can expect to be prepared to work in areas such as:
- K-12 Teaching and Learning
- Special Education
- Social Emotional Learning
- K-12 Administration
Understanding Neumann University's MS in Education:
Graduate programs in the Division of Education and Human Services are designed for both currently certified teachers looking to add a certification or enhance their skills, and for those who wish to enter the field of education and become a certified teacher. We also offer programs for those working in education related fields that do not require certification.
Through course work, students will acquire a wide range of knowledge and skills designed to prepare them to become educators and leaders who value student diversity and can effectively apply educational theory, best pedagogical practices, instructional technology, and formative assessment.
At Neumann University, we have several different advanced programs so that you can choose to focus on whichever area you’re most interested in. Neumann's Master of Science in Education programs include:
- M.S. in Special Education with Autism Endorsement: for certified teachers who desire to add a special education (PK-8) teaching certificate with an Autism Endorsement
- M.S. in Education with an emphasis in Social Emotional Learning: for teachers who currently hold a valid Pennsylvania teaching certification and wish to pursue a graduate degree with a focus on social-emotional learning
- M.S. in Education with Dual Teaching Certification (Early Elementary and Special Education): for graduate students who are seeking to become a licensed teacher in Pennsylvania
- M.S. in Education (Online): for graduate students who wish to earn the master’s degree in ONE year
- M.S. in Education with Administrative Certification (School Principal) and PDE-approved Endorsement: for certified teachers who want to become a school principal (PK-12)
- MS in Early Elementary (Non Certification Track): for graduate students seeking to acquire the foundational skills to work with young children in grades PK-4
- MS in Early Elementary (with Certification): for graduate students seeking to change careers and who want to become a licensed teacher in Pennsylvania
- MS in Special Education (Non Certification track): for graduate students seeking to teach in a variety of special education settings supporting learners with intellectual, physical, cognitive, and/or behavioral exceptionalities
ready to join a community of educators at Neumann?
We hope you keep these facts in mind as you consider how earning a master’s degree in education can help take your education career to new heights! If you’re interested in pursuing an advanced degree that will guarantee you a rich and dynamic career path, contact us at Neumann University and schedule a visit.
We would love to help you reach your true potential in the field of education, so don't hesitate to request more information today!